Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Weekly Roundup

I've been listening to some tunes this past week, but nothing that really warrants it's own dissertation. Here's what I've been jamming recently:


Wavves has been around for a couple years, but I've never really liked anything I've heard from them before. This album has really fun, catchy, I-don't-want-to-go-to-school rock music. I'll likely play the shit out of this one and after a week move on.
Wavves - Demon to Lean On


Golden Rule: if it's released on Brainfeeder, there's a good chance it is awesome. Brainfeeder has been putting out many of my favorite artists in the past few years: Teebs, Matthewdavid, Lapalux, Thundercat, TOKiMONSTA, and of course, Flying Lotus himself. Lapalux sounds just like every one of these artists, but I'm not complaining. 


I think Tyler is an annoying teenager who is starved for attention. I realize this makes me the lame adult he is rebelling against. Regardless, he hasn't left my radar ever since I saw the video for Yonkers. I didn't really like Bastard or Goblin. There were a few tracks here and there that I enjoyed, but nothing lived up to the greatness of Yonkers. I just heard his new album, Wolf, for the first time yesterday, and I can already tell a difference. It's the same talented kid making ridiculous music, but this time it seems less... annoying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment