Thursday, April 11, 2013

Rhye - Woman


I am quite surprised how much I am loving this album. There's really nothing "special" about it. It's got very simple, very straight forward, smooth pop songs... but something about it keeps me coming back. It's kind of like with Beach House. Beach House really don't do anything spectacular or different... they just do what they do perfectly.

Interesting tidbit: the lead singer of this band is a dude. Yeah... One of these guys is the singer. And neither of them is a woman.


Regardless, he's got one hell of a voice.



1 comment:

  1. Hadn't heard of them yet, and when I watched the video for "Open" I assumed it was a guy/girl duo. Then I learned their names are Mike and Robin, which added to the confusion.

    Either way, great stuff and I'll be giving it a listen.

    ReplyDelete