Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Weekly Roundup

Been listening to a lot of older stuff this past week.


After I heard a new song on youtube, I revisited this album and actually liked it more than I remembered, and I liked it quite a bit.  I saw a quote from Danny that said something like "if XXX was my OK Computer, Old is going to be my Kid A." I just thought it was funny how well he knows his audience. Really looking forward to the new one.


I don't remember how I found out about this album, but I really like it. It's traditional Hindustani music with vocals. So it's kind of like Ravi Shankar's stuff, with all the repetition of musical themes over and over with certain embellishments, but with vocals. Check it out.


This is one of my go-to albums. Whenever I don't have a new album to listen to and I want to get funky, I put on Onra's Long Distance. It starts out with a robot saying "I want to hear future funk" and the future funk does not stop for 21 songs. Great album.


Well, that's my half-assed blog post for today. I heard that I missed Big K.R.I.T.'s latest free mixtape a couple weeks ago. I am getting that ASAP as I am sure it is going to CRUSH! Expect to see me shouting about it's greatness on this blog soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment