Thursday, April 25, 2013

Singles

I've heard a few singles in the past month that are getting me real excited for upcoming albums.


Schoolboy Q - Yay Yay: Really liking this track. Sounding like Oxymoron is going to be awesome.


Janelle Monae - Q.U.E.E.N. (feat. Erykah Badu): This track was a relief. I had heard Janelle do a song called "Electric Lady" in a live video and I was not impressed at all. This song sounds good though, so I'm back on board.


Azealia Banks - Yung Rapunxel: This song is bonkers! I listen to Azealia's 1991 EP a hell of a lot, but all I remember from her mixtape was that I don't remember anything about it. This song is really crazy, and the album art for the single is equally as awesome:


Edit: Oh my god I just watched that video above for the first time. That was AWESOME! Azealia is fast becoming my new favorite artist. I really hope her album is this good...


Daft Punk - Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams): I personally believe it is impossible to dislike this song. It is such a feel-good song, everyone can jam to this with a smile on their face. Having said that, it does feel a little watered-down. Kind of like... Daft Punk Lite. If the whole album is like this, I'll still enjoy it, but I can't guarantee I'll listen to it for longer than a week. We have less than a month till Random Access Memories (which is the perfect Daft Punk album title, btw) is released, so who knows. Maybe we'll... get lucky... and it'll be amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment