Tuesday, September 17, 2013

FKA Twigs - EP2


This new EP is so good! I don't know much about FKA Twigs, but I do know that my favorite producer of the moment, Arca, produced all four songs.

I can't say Twigs has the greatest voice, but her voice definitely blends in perfectly with Arca's out-of-this-world beats. The entire album sounds like it was recorded underwater, and Arca's beats provide the perfect combination of "damn son this is nasty" and "i feel your pain Twigs-bro".

My favorite song off this EP is "Papi Pacify", which sounds like a song Madonna could have made had she continued down the dark-pop path further. Come to think of it, any of these songs would fit in nicely on Bedtime Stories.



Speaking of Arca, his recent mixtape &&&&& is totally free and absolutely worth the download. It doesn't sound as finished as Stretch 2 or EP2, but it has a ton of moments that make you go:

"What the fuck was that?"

"Yet I LOVE it"

No comments:

Post a Comment