Saturday, October 17, 2015

Beach House Smackdown

Beach House are dominating right now. And I don't just mean in the way that every time they release an album, it captivates me unlike any other band. And I'm not just referring to the fact that they released Depression Cherry with a velvet-covered sleeve (which honestly begs the question what took them so long).

And I am not just referring to the fact that they released Thank Your Lucky Stars a mere month after they released Depression Cherry.

I'm talking about "One Thing". This song shreds. Some of you may reading this thinking "Kyle is being funny. Beach House are a nice band who would never even consider shredding." Well, you are mistaken, my friend.

We shred.

Just listen for yourself. Once the guitar solo comes in at 4:40, check your head. Is it banging? I bet it's banging:


You bet your ass that was an F-bomb sprinkled in there. \m/

Now that I have opened your eyes to how much shredding is going on in that song, take a look back at their discography. They've been shredding right under your nose and you completely missed it!

Exhibit A. Guitars at 1:30:


Exhibit B. Guitars at 2:20:


I saw Beach House perform that one live earlier this month and everyone on stage was headbanging harder than a Doom Metal band.

Reenactment

While we are at it, check out the Hip-Hop vibes on "Gila":


Killer.

Now that we are all on the same page of how badass this band is, let's focus on how they named their latest album Thank Your Lucky Stars. There's something very hardcore about a band giving us a surprise album and essentially titling it You're Welcome.

Alright, I am going to get back to listening to the screeching guitar solos in "Elegy to the Void". Rock on.

No comments:

Post a Comment