Sunday, September 13, 2015

FKA Twigs - M3LL155X

I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

M3LL155X, the new EP from FKA Twigs, has been out a full month, and I am just now deciding to give it a listen.


This is really interesting stuff from Twigs. She solicits help from producer Boots of Beyoncé fame, but this has Twigs' mark on every track. She has really picked up where Arca left off, becoming one of the most exciting producers going right now.

The production on this EP is so crazy, it's easy to get distracted from Twigs' vocals, but be sure you pay attention. Her performance is simultaneously powerful and delicate, and simply incredible.

The music is good, but the 16 minute video showcasing 4 of the songs is out of this world. I've always loved Twigs' music videos, but this is on another level. The portion for "In Time" starting at 6:28 includes some of the most badass dance scenes I've seen since Justin's "My Love" video. Don't be surprised if a video surfaces of me on YouTube re-enacting this video flawlessly.

That said, I need two backup dancers. Who's in?


No comments:

Post a Comment