Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014... it begins

Damn. That winter music drought felt longer than most years. I've been listening to a shit ton of Sun Ra to pass the time, and I am now 60% sure everyone is an alien.

Can you dig it?

This past Tuesday marked the first "music release day" of the year (that I cared about), so I was pretty excited to hear some new tunes! Let's go down the list.

East India Youth - Total Strife Forever

Alcest - Shelter

Warpaint - Warpaint

This joke

So it was kind of a letdown of a Tuesday, but have no fear! 2014 is quite promising if I do say so myself. We have confirmed releases forthcoming from:

Actress
Death From Above 1979
Death Grips
Fire! Orchestra
Freddie Gibbs & Madlib
Liars
Schoolboy Q
St. Vincent
Swans

Yes, Death From Above 1979 got back together. Yes, Schoolboy Q's album was supposed to come out last year. Yes, SWANS is releasing an album.


Also, I've added a few more artists to get excited about. I've either heard a rumor on the internet or completely made these up, so don't ask me for sources.

The Avalanches
Azealia Banks
Burial
Flying Lotus
Joanna Newsom

It's going to be a good year, dudes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment