Monday, July 15, 2013

Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze


This album is really blowing me away right now. I think a large part of that is how much this album took me by surprise. I heard Smoke Ring for my Halo when it came out and didn't really think anything of it. When this one came out I never even gave it a listen. However, I was watching Anthony Fantano's top albums of 2013 (so far) and Kurt Vile made the list. So, I figured I'd give it a spin and I immediately fell in love upon hearing the first track.

Wakin on a Pretty Daze sounds to me like Destroyer's Kaputt with a western flair, which is an awesome combination.

I've only listened to this album all the way through twice, so I don't have much else to say aside from: "Wow."

Be sure to check this one out, even if it is a whole two months old.


No comments:

Post a Comment