Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Google Play Music: All Access


Awwwww shit!

I jumped on board the music-streaming train earlier this year. I found that I was spending $7 to buy a new album, listen to it for maybe a week, then spend $7 more the next week on a new album, never to listen to last week's album again.

So, I signed up for Rdio. $9 a month for unlimited streaming of almost anything I wanted to listen to. The operative word being "almost". Only official releases would be on Rdio, so that meant no free hip-hop mixtapes. There were also a few albums with legal issues that prevented them from showing up (Taylor Swift's Red just showed up yesterday. It's not bad, by the way). For these albums, I'd have to switch back to Google Play Music. It was pretty annoying.

But today I found out that Google Play Music has released "All Access". It's just like Rdio, but my library of files I had already uploaded to the service are side by side with Google's massive library of music. No more switching between services! So far, it's had everything I've searched for (more than Rdio), but in the case of free mixtapes, I can just download the mixtape, upload it to Google, and keep listening.

And it's only $7 a month!

I know what you are thinking: "Kyle, your blog is so popular that Google is paying you to write about their new service. What a sell-out."

First: They aren't. I've just been waiting for a service like this for a long time
Second: Hell yeah I'll sell out. Google, I will gladly accept anything you throw my way. Cash? Free year of Google Music All Access? A Google shirt?


Sweeeet.

No comments:

Post a Comment