Tuesday, May 6, 2014

YVETTE - Process


This album is excellent. However, I'm afraid I won't do this album justice in this post due to the fact that I've been obsessively listening to Ava Luna since I first heard it, but I wanted to be sure I gave YVETTE their own post before my life becomes consumed by the new Swans record next week (NEXT WEEK!).

YVETTE are a noise rock band that sound like if HEALTH teamed up with Liars to re-create Drum's Not Dead. Their songs are heavily drum-focused, overlaid with monotone vocals and psychedelic noise throughout. It's at times grating, others groovy, but always kicks your teeth in with its sheer power.

The first track is an excellent example of this. It starts as a pretty simple, yet ominous, drum beat and vocal line, but at the midpoint a mutated guitar solo begins and continues throughout the rest of the track. It is a great opening statement for an album that is unrelenting and still highly enjoyable throughout.

Pump your fists, bang your head, do both against a wall. Listen to Process by YVETTE.


No comments:

Post a Comment