Monday, November 11, 2013

Swans - Not Here / Not Now


If you've learned anything from reading my blog, it's that I am obsessed with Swans. Well, they released a collection of live songs to raise money for their upcoming studio album, and my excitement level is through the roof. Not only because Swans will soon be recording their follow up to the excellent The Seer, but because the new songs on here are really good.

I went back and listened to We Rose from Your Bed with the Sun in Our Head (the live album released to raise money for the recording sessions that produced The Seer), and I reflected on how the already stellar performances became so much more once they were given additional instrumentation and structure. I can only imagine how amazing the songs on Not Here / Not Now are going to sound with 100% more dulcimer.

In addition to all of the new songs, there is a rehash of an older song, "Coward", that is jaw-dropping. I didn't think it was possible to get any better than the version on Public Castration is a Good Idea, but this version takes the cake.

Listen below. And remember, it's just a song. It can't really hurt you.

Swans - Coward

No comments:

Post a Comment